Re: About new fields in debian/control for bug reporting.

Robert Bihlmeyer writes:

> Itai Zukerman <zukerman@math-hat.com> writes:
> >   Package: foo
> >   Origin: Debian
> >   Recommends: origin-debian
> >
> >   Package: origin-debian
> >   Depends: origin-base
> >   Suggests: bug | reportbug
>
> One would have to work hard to keep origin-debian from a system
> when using dinstall (it will come up on install of *every* new
> package). I think we should either leave that at a Suggests at
> maximum, or just declare it essential (the package shouldn't be bigger
> than 4k, anyway).

I really, really, want to agree with you here.

However, there is the objection that apt-getting a non-Debian package
will not install origin-foo. We could have reportbug et al should just
complain loudly about about a missing origin, but this doesn't seem
like an optimal solution.

--
There is no TRUTH. There is no REALITY. There is no CONSISTENCY. There
are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS. I'm very probably wrong. -- BSD fortune(6)