Re: Bug addressing [was Re: About new fields in debian/control for bug reporting.]

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 02:26:31AM -0400, Itai Zukerman wrote:

> Then it was suggested that the two be combined into one.  For example:
>
>   Bugs-Submit-URL: debbugs:bugs.debian.org
>   Bugs-Submit-URL: mailto:buzz@lightyear.com
>
> My question is, is this sufficient?  Do we see a single URL as
> handling bug-submission needs in the foreseeable future, or do we need
> to have other (arbitrary) Bugs-Submit-* parameters?

Maybe another syntax of the bugs-header would be favorable. Instead
of using type:resource, something like

Bugs-To: debbugs; @bugs.debian.org
Bugs-To: email; some@addre.ss
Bugs-To: url; http://some.doma.in/dir/

A syntax like this is used for other headers (like MIME headers), too.

 - Sebastian