Re: ITP: libarr

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 12:49:16PM -0400, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Hmm. Could you explain why? The gdk/gtk design is based on the fact that
> you only need to port gdk to get gtk applications to work on another
> display/OS/whatever.

The problem is that you probably can't implement Gdk with text mode (save
libaa). And I won't expect the gimp on libctk since editing graphics in
text mode is evil.

There exists a frame buffer implementation in GTK+ now which is developed
at RedHat (if I am not mistaken). Perhaps you mixed those two up.

cu

    Torsten

--
Torsten Landschoff           Bluehorn@IRC               <torsten@debian.org>
           Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Committee Member