Re: Please don't remove libc5 - old non-free software might need it!

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000, Harald Schmid wrote:
> I use an old comercial spreadsheet (no soucecode available) based on libc5 and
> don't want to miss it. I guess there might exist lots of  other sourceless
> libc5-based  software outside the inner circle of debian developpers.

   What about complaining to your software vendor ? Besides merely
ethical reasons, there are some technical reasons that might convince
them to switch to libc6 and release new binaries. libc5 is old, lacks
features and I suppose that most unfixed bugs won't be fixed now.

Sam.
--
Samuel Hocevar <sam@via.ecp.fr> - http://www.via.ecp.fr/~sam/
     Do not try and fight the Cabal. That's impossible.