Please don't remove libc5 - old non-free software might need it!

Hallo everybody,

I just read in the weekly news, that Ben Collins proposed at the Zeroth Debian
Conference to remove libc5 packages. At the Conference nobody could imagine
"compelling reasons to have it around". Probably there was no user of comercial
software present.
I use an old comercial spreadsheet (no soucecode available) based on libc5 and
don't want to miss it. I guess there might exist lots of  other sourceless
libc5-based  software outside the inner circle of debian developpers.
Removing oldlibs would remove a big advantage of gnu/linux compared to other
OS'ses: Until now even paleonthologig software is still workling perfectly.

Greetings Harald Schmid