Change of network from Novel Netware 3.12 to Debian 2.1

Dear Sir,

We are presently working on Novel Netware 3.12 and we would like to change our network from Novel Netware to Debian 2.1 linux operating system. We have developed our own package in Foxpro 2.66. We have a network of 16 nodes.

Computer Configuration.

Server  : Intel PII 333 Mhz CPU, 64 Mb Ram, 4.3 GB HDD, VGA Monitor.

8 nodes : Celeron 400 Mhz CPU, 32 Mb Ram, VGA monitor. 4 computers with 10 Gb HDD.

5 nodes : Pentium 100 Mhz, 8 MB Ram, VGA Monitor.

3 nodes : 486 DX II 66 Mhz, 8MB Ram, Mono Monitor.

We have a few queries.
1) How to convert all our windows files to work under linux environment.
2) Will our present system be compatible with Debian 2.1
3) Will it require additional hardware.
4) What are additional Software requirements? (Apart from Staroffice 5.1a)
5) Can we work on X-Windows interface or Dos interface.
6) Transfer from Foxpro database to Mysql or Postgres. Any other frontend recommended.
7) What are the differences between Gnome and KDE.

For
M/s Narcinva Damodar Naik,
V.N. Naik Road,
Alem De Margao - Goa - India.