ITP: auto-apt (automatic apt-get)

Hi,

I'm developing a tool to run apt-get on demand.
 http://www.debian.org/~ukai/auto-apt/

Source: auto-apt
Section: admin
Maintainer: Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>
Standards-Version: 3.0.1
Build-Depends: binutils, cpio, debhelper, devscripts, libc6-dev

Package: auto-apt
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, apt, sudo
Recommends: wget, dpkg-dev
 auto-apt checks file access of programs running within auto-apt
 environments, and if the program try to access a file of uninstalled
 package, auto-apt will install the package containing the file,
 by using apt-get.
 .
 It also provides simple database to search which package contains
 a requesting file.

This will be useful for users such as [from debian-laptop@lists.debian.org]
At Tue, 04 Jul 2000 22:26:22 -0400,
Benjamin F Zhou <bfzhou@netscape.net> wrote:

> I ran 'make mrproper', followed by 'make config', 'make dep', then 'make
> boot'.
> in the end, I got the following messages:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-2.2.12/arch/i386/boot'
> gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.2.12/include -E -traditional
> -DSVGA_MODE=NORMAL_VGA bootsect.S -o bootsect.s
> as86 -0 -a -o bootsect.o bootsect.s
> make[1]: as86: Command not found
> make[1]: *** [bootsect.o] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-2.2.12/arch/i386/boot'
> make: *** [boot] Error 2
>
> What is this as86 ? Does it mean I missed sth at installation?

With auto-apt, in this situation, bin86 package will be automatically
installed when as86 is to be executed.

auto-apt also provides package search function from filename for not-yet
installed package.  For this features, auto-apt retrieves Contents-$ARCH.gz
and generates database, as Packages.gz/Sources.gz for apt.

auto-apt also be used for check build-depends, since auto-apt can check
which files/binaries were accessed/executed.

Regards,
Fumitoshi UKAI