Re: Debian 2.2 Release.

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 09:51:38PM -0400, Itai Zukerman <zukerman@math-hat.com> was heard to say:
> WRT the "Origin" field, I haven't seen discussion of a reasonable way
> to verify the origin.  I mean, what prevents someone from spoofing the
> origin field?

  The question that immediately occurs to me is, why would someone bother, and
why should we care?  The worst problem I can imagine is lots of spurious
bug reports, and we get that already with 3rd-party packages.  I've even filed
some by accident :-)  Besides, on average I'd expect those to /decrease/ if
an origin field is added..

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|    This space   |  "I've struggled with reality for thirty-five years, but  |