Re: Does Security matter at all?

Adam Heath wrote:
> I say again.  If they have physical access, they have the machine, and the
> data on it.  Period.

It's quite conceivable that there are kiosk systems running debian which
are well-secured (computer in metal cage, locked, reset and power not
available for tampering, bolted to wall so you cannot get at the power
cord, BIOS and lilo password protected), but that do present the floppy
drive to the user (it's outside the cage with wiring going in, or there
is a slit in the cage allowing access to the floppy drive).

Such a system would be reasonably secure for physical access. Devices
that can penetrate a sturdy metal cage tend to be rather noisy..

I don't think that this misconfiguration in autofs should be allowed to
persist on such a system.

--
see shy jo