Re: apt-get connection failed, telnet works

[sorry, my last mail to you was broken]

"Diethelm Guallar, Gonzalo" <Gonzalo.Diethelm@sonda.com> writes:

> When I run "apt-get update", I get an instantaneous bunch
> of error messages stating "Failed to fetch <URI> Connection
> failed", and several "Couldn't stat source package list
> <URI> Packages (...) - stat (2 No such file or directory)"
> messages at the end. What's funny, "telnet debian.midco.net
> rsync" work Ok from the machine, so this is NOT a connectivity
> problem. Here is my sources.list:
>
> deb http://debian.midco.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free

Hmm, rsync does not have anything to do with it. Does telnet to port
80 work - i.e. is the webserver running?

Does URI seem correct? Should be something like
<http://debian.midco.net/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-alpha/Packages>
I think.

Does "lynx URI" work?

debian.midco.net looks ok to me.