apt-get connection failed, telnet works

Title: apt-get connection failed, telnet works

Hello,

When I run "apt-get update", I get an instantaneous bunch
of error messages stating "Failed to fetch <URI> Connection
failed", and several "Couldn't stat source package list
<URI> Packages (...) - stat (2 No such file or directory)"
messages at the end. What's funny, "telnet debian.midco.net
rsync" work Ok from the machine, so this is NOT a connectivity
problem. Here is my sources.list:

deb http://debian.midco.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free

apt-get is apt version 0.3.19

This all started happening when I upgraded apt-move a couple
of weeks ago. The sources.list file has not been modified for
several months, and it was working perfectly fine till then.
I have manually upgraded apt-move to v4.1.6, just in case.

Please CC me on the (lots of useful) answers. Thanks,

--
Gonzalo A. Diethelm
gonzalo.diethelm@sonda.com