Re: Debian 2.2 Release.

Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@beer.com> writes:

> > Regards, Nils.
>
> If upstream says true that app is stable, 99% bugs can be detected

this is total lunacy.  We have apps that are rock solid (eg, Listar)
that the upstream still uses a 0.x version number for.  We also have
error-prone, beta-ish apps (eg, gnome) that the upstream
says are stable.  Would you automatically put a new Gnome into Debian
just because the upstream says a new one is stable?  Surely not!  With
all those libraries, you better do some testing first.