Re: Debian 2.2 Release.

No, I will not claim the woody versions of mozilla and freeciv (is this
a -game-??) are more or less buggy than the potato versions: I do not
-run- woody.

Reason: we are trying to get POTATO out. Once it's out, then I'll consider
woody. But I have development projects of my own, so I may not do so right
away. Wichert (as maint of dpkg) said woody does not have its own dpkg.
There's potato's dpkg, and there is a dpkg in cvs that, at the time he
mentioned it, he recommended against anyone trying it then. I need a
working dpkg, so I'm not going to potato.

Again: are you willing to do all the work to get the packages up to
snuff for potato? (in mozilla's case, that might represent quite a
chunk, and you might break other potato packages in the process.) This
includes testing and convincing the rest of us that your packages are
stable by OUR definition.

But you holding onto your unsubstantiated claim of being able to easily
find 99% of bugs even in the face of evidence presented to you that
strongly suggests the contrary makes you (at best) prone to error...

You have to convince most of us that we should do as you suggest.
I'm -far- from convinced. No new functionality, no new code, in frozen.

Perhaps you should rethink?

-Jim

---
Jim Lynch       Finger for pgp key