Re: Two packages; one in non-US, from the same source? (Was: curl 6.5.2-1: rejected

On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 03:37:06PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > One source package can't build binary packages that span both US and non-US
> > > archives. You have to have two source packages for that.
> >
> > But I think if the same source generates binaries for both non-US/main
> > and main we can't distribute that source on the US servers (because
> > you can still compile the non-US stuff from it). So I guess both the
> > source and the binaries have to go to non-US. *sigh*
>
> It depends on what kind of non-US-ness is in question. I'm not sure...

i'm the actual maintainer of curl packges, sponsored by Bortzmeyer.

curl-ssl depends on libssl09 which is on non-us. since curl source
makes both curl and curl-ssl, libraries (libssl09-dev) needed to compile
-ssl have to be present on the system. so it has to be out of us bounds,
in non-US archive.

once curl (nossl version) is compiled it is DFSG compliant so it can go
in main/web, while curl-ssl goes in non-US/main.

given theese notes, why

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
  --[ get my public pgp key at http://www.freeweb.org/free/cavok/