Re: Release-critical Bugreport for June 23, 2000

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 10:32:14AM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Sami Haahtinen wrote:
> > Confirmed...
>
> Yes, but:
>
> DESCRIPTION
>        pwgen  generates  random,  meaningless  but  pronounceable
>        passwords.
>
> Pronouncability implies a certian degree of regularity. I could file a
> RC bug report stating that pwgen always includes vowels in its
> passwords, but it seems likely it does so by design. I'm not sure that
> this 'oo' thing isn't also be design.

After a discussion about this with Itai Zukerman, i came to sort of agree
with this, althought this might be a design issue, in finnish atleast it's
not that much easier to pronounce 'oo' than any other two letter squence.

I think that the person who reported the bug, wasn't english and didn't
see a point here. (i can see the point but makes no difference to me)

maybe this should be an option... this might be good to be downgraded
to wishlist and add a comment to make this optional.

Regards, Sami Haahtinen