Re: Potato release: What is "official"?

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Torsten Landschoff wrote:

> Hi *,
>
> Michael Bramer (grisu@d.o) and myself are working for LinuxLand on
> CDs of potato which are to be released shortly after potato itself.
>
> As we want to make some changes from the official CD images we are
> wondering if we could still call the resulting CDs "official".

I doubt it. AFAIK the policy has always been that only CDs with an md5sum
matching those on cdimage.debian.org may be called "official".

> The changes will mainly be l10n of the installation and stuff
> like that. We will provide some extra stuff like a few packages
> from woody and some demo versions of games etc. on a 4th CD.

If you're going to make a 4th CD anyway, you could possibly put the updated
install stuff on that CD, too. Then you would still have three "Official" CDs,
and one "special LinuxLand edition with enhanced installer" CD ;-)

> Is there a way we can still call the result "Debian" or "Debian plus
> add-on packages"?

IIRC you can call anything "Debian" if it's >50% Debian stuff or something.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer