Re: Why 2 inconsistent package managers frontents?

Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@ualberta.ca> writes:

> Feh, Enhances doesn't even exist and apt-get is not a tool that deals with
> suggests/recommends exactly like dpkg doesn't. The various other GUIs can
> do whatever they like with the other dependency fields.

ATM, apt-get is (apart from dselect) /the/ apt UI used by people. I
don't need a curses or even wimp interface to find the package I need.
apt-get is enough. Unfortunately, it does not even *tell* me the
recommends, or does it? So I can't utilize apt's dependency mechanism,
but are forced to go through apt-cache show output myself.

--
Robbe