Re: Release-critical Bugreport for June 16, 2000

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Josip Rodin wrote:

> Last I tried (it was 3.3.4 or .5, can't remember), you couldn't even run X
> with SiS 6326 properly, without turning off all accelerations. And even
> then, it couldn't render the fixed font in an xterm, it displayed it black
> on black. >:(

	I (unfortunately) have the SiS6326 card at home on a Slink
machine. There is a single version of X (3.3.4 I believe, but I can check
when I get home if you'd like)  which runs properly w/ acceleration. Its
only flaw is that it doesn't recognize your memory above 4 megs, but at
least moving windows around doesn't cause your entire screen to be
rewritten. For some reason the version after that (3.3.5, I didn't try
3.3.6) broke X again. Perhaps a note to SiS6326 users to stick w/ an older
version of X might be useful to people hunting down the problem..

	-me