Re: General Resolution: Removing non-freeeral Resolution: Removing non-free

Hi Tim,

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 02:17:14PM +0200, Tim vor der Brueck wrote:
> Removing non-free-software from debian means:
> No Java Development Kit any more for debian.

The current JDK is not that usable anyway. Slow to hell etc. :(

> kaffe has to much bugs to use it seriously.

Granted.

> In the commercial world there are (mostly) only two kinds of software:
> Windows and Java.
> You may consider this.

Why would we want to support Java. Where is commercial Java software
better than commercial Windows software? Also we have a free implementation
of the Windows API (okay, not all of it) but not of JDK.

Anyway, I don't see how this mixes with the GR. If you want to use software
which is not even in non-free you will have to install it from source/binary
tar.gz anyway. If you are doing this you can as well install the JDK along
the way.

Thanks

    Torsten

--
Torsten Landschoff           Bluehorn@IRC               <torsten@debian.org>
           Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Committee Member