Use of Non-Free (was Re: Clarifications)

> We need to make an effort to determine how many _users_ are using
> non-free software before we can consider purging non-free.
>
> No sane organization which desires to remain a viable entity stops
> distributing a popular product.

And you thought Debian was sane?!? Ha!

Oh, I'm sorry. Anyways, this would be pretty simple to get a look at.
Just get some statistics from some of the ftp/http sites which host the
debian archive on how much non-free is used. Compare that with how much
contrib and main are used. And, while we're at it, do a comparison of
how many people are pulling from unstable, frozen, stable, etc.

That sounds fun to me. Anyone else see a cool web page. This information
could be charted over time to show the change/growth (etc) of debian.

Cool stuff.

				- Paul