Re: Mutt & Mail-Followup-To header (Re: old bugs info)

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:

> > There's another problem with the "Mail-Followup-To:" header: Some mail
> > clients (including my pine) don't recognize it, and I can't find a RFC
> > that defines it.
>
> Hmm, should the header be just "Reply-To:", as defined in RFC 822? The

pine handles "Reply-To:" correctly - and it's defined in a RFC.

If you e.g. send a mail to debian-devel with a "Mail-Followup-To:" you
must always remember that not all mail clients know of this non-standard
field and that they will simply ignore it.

> "Mail-Followup-To" headers seems to me like some bastard brother of the
> usenet "Followup-To:" header (as defined in RFC 1036).
> So could this be a bug in mutt?

A bug or perhaps a "It's not a bug, it's a feature!".

> Kind regards,

cu,
Adrian

                -- Mahatma Ghandi