Re: Dissatisfied w/Debian? Make something 'pure'.

Craig Sanders writes:

> if such a list gets more people working on free alternatives to non-free
> software then it's worth doing.

Yes, if. However, it seems to me that people write software for their
own needs - not because "it would be cool to have a free replacement
of Oracle."

I don't want to see the list as a method to get rid of non-free on
Debian servers. I understood that someone had seen or would see it as
a possible tool for that. Maybe I misunderstood, I was quite tired
when I wrote that (having woken up on 5 AM to change configuration of
a server and check the result).

> if it results in even one more free
> program being developed to release quality, then it's a success.

Agreed.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -w -- Ari Makela <hauva@iki.fi> - http://www.iki.fi/hauva/
use strict;my $j=Japh->new();$j->print();package Japh;sub new{my $c=shift;