A practical question regarding the proposed GR

The fest spilled to /. and I was reading some of the comments there,
and two things come to mind:

 * Would someone please care to explain on that /. thread that
   removing non-free from the archives does not mean you can't install
   non-free software on Debian systems?

 * How exactly would this "no resources for non-free" policy would be
   enforced? Jason (sorry if I'm putting words on your mouth) already
   stated that he'll do whatever is necessary to wipe non-free from
   the Debian archives and public resources.  I just don't see how
   having a "contrib" network prevents a user from using reportbug or
   something similar and report a bug against a package that is not
   distributed by us.  Ok, that might be happening now (utah-glx comes
   to mind) but the number of packages in this situation might sudenly
   increase by 500.  I just would like to know who's going to take the
   responsibility of keeping things in order.  I just don't see why
   Debian (people) has to invest time in order to /not support/
   something that is not part of the Debian archives anymore.  This is
   not an argument for or against the proposed GR, just a practical
   question.

And something out of curiosity... will we still be using something we
don't distribute ourselves if this GR passes?

				      Marcelo