Paul Martin <pm-deb@nowster.zetnet.co.uk> writes:

> As a non-developer (my application is probably lost somewhere in the old
> queue) I see this resolution as highly divisive, with very little net
> benefit at this time. I have failed to see any convincing argument from
> Mr Robinson.

I'm not a Debian developer and I'm a very long term member of the free
software community, since about 1987 or so.

As such, and as a Debian user, I have always been bothered by the fact
that Debian included non-free software, and I think the other side of
the contract, the free software authors of the world, would like to
see Debian not give support to our enemies.

At the same time, I use a small number of packages from non-free,
notably netscape and acroread, and I am not aware of satisfactory
replacements for them.  So I would hope that if Debian drops non-free,
the non-free lovers would continue to maintain that package archive in
a different location.