On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 13:34:38 -0700, brian moore wrote:
> I would be saddened to see things like mpg123 (which would be probably be
> Free if the patent issues were not there)

Erm, there is a free (but limited, at least command line argument wise)
version of mpg123 included in the freeamp package. And there's alsaplayer
and probably other free MP3 players around.

The patent issues surrounding MP3 have been about en- not de-coding so far.

Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking