>>"Branden" == Branden Robinson <branden@ecn.purdue.edu> writes:

 Branden> Your "...moral.." remark implies a degree of immorality
 Branden> about John's proposal.  I didn't think it was immoral to
 Branden> hold an honest opinion or submit a proposal through the
 Branden> democratically sanctioned constitutional process.  There
 Branden> appears to be a bit of ad hominem attack here.

	Immorral opinnions can be honestly held. And the prcess of
 submission is orthogonal to morality.

 Branden> Nowhere in the contract does it state, or can it be
 Branden> logically construed, that Debian's users are a proper subset
 Branden> of the free software community.  In fact, section 4 of the
 Branden> Social Contract presents "our users" and the "free-software
 Branden> community" as distinct, if not necessarily disjunctive,
 Branden> entities.

 	More doublespek, methinks, to wiggle out of a promise
 made. The social contract is a promise made by Debian; and
 substantially changing that, which this GR does, not only goes
 against that word, it changes what Debian is. I would hesitate to fix
 what obviously ain't broke.

 	manoj
--
 I call them as I see them.  If I can't see them, I make them up. Biff
 Barf