On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 06:05:49PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 03:59:10AM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 04:30:23PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > >   4. Supporting non-free software gives nothing to Debian's users
> > Uh, since John never said anything of the sort, this is a thunderously
> > obvious straw man argument.
>
> ] 4. Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software
> ]                      ^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> You're not really this dense are you, Branden?

Since I quoted section 4 of the Social Contract at length elsewhere in this
thread, I submit I am not.

But frankly it's a little difficult to discern exactly what you mean here,
aside from lobbing an insult.

> You can't simply say "Well, this doesn't help free software, and may even
> hinder it, therefore Debian shouldn't do it"

Hmm.  Fortunate for me, then, that I didn't actually say that.

How about rebutting my actual words next time?

--
G. Branden Robinson            |
Debian GNU/Linux               |    Mob rule isn't any prettier just because