Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free, Draft 2

On 7 Jun 2000, Peter Makholm wrote:

> Software can be compared with respect to features, useability,
> functionality and stability. I believe that the open development model
> maximizes these demads in the best way. That is why I'm advocating
> Free Software.

I'm sorry but advocating != enforcing. By closing non-free, debian is
becoming as closed as Microsoft. Closed-minded, not closed-source.

> Freedom is not much worth if you can't move.

The proposal is taking one freedom away and replacing it with another. How
do we gain?

---
David "cdlu" Graham
canada@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca, canada@ishmael.geecs.org, dgraham@uoguelph.ca
GEECS.org administrator, CSClub.cis.uoguelph.ca administrator, frosh, BComp
This .signature is dynamically rebuilt 1440 times a day.
Vail's Second Axiom:
	The amount of work to be done increases in proportion to the
amount of work already completed.