Re: [Debian Conference] Material aspects

Vincent Renardias wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Christoph Lameter wrote:
>
> > You forgot the most important thing: How about connectivity?
> >
> > Modems? LAN? Richochet repeater? What kind of gear do I need to bring to
> > hookup my laptop?

We use LAN with dhcp and RJ45 connector.

And we'll provide enough hubs to connect everybody... at the
conference... no plugability in the dormitories though ;)

> Dunno about the network connectivity (I'd assume RJ45), but remember that
> in France we use different electric sockets than in the USA. (but AFAIR
> the French plugs are the same than the ones used in Germany ;)

For your information, France uses 220 V / 50 Hz power... Most of laptops
tranformers can adapt to this, even if you still nedd a plug-adaptor
(quite cheap).
I suggest that you bring with you one if you can... We'll try to have
some on location too ;)

--
Olivier BERGER - Membre du C.A. de l'association APRIL
APRIL (http://www.april.org) - Vive python (http://www.python.org)