Re: Should we divide Debian to usable and unusable

>> Sami Haahtinen <ressu@uusikaupunki.fi> writes:

 > the statistics were there to show where we are..
 > this percentage should be much smaller, just because it makes linux
 > more professional (No flames about this please!)

Sorry, you are just asking for it.

There's some software whose version is "97" or "98", and last time I
took a look at it, it was rather buggy.

If I pester (and read that again: pester) the /author/ to change some
version number from 0.3.2 to 1.0 just because it looks "more
professional", I'll end up with a /very/ annoyed author and nothing
else.

Version numbers are not fairy dust, you know.

			      Marcelo