Re: Upgrade docs and Release Notes (was Re: Starting second test cycle)

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Josip Rodin wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 12:30:03AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > I can't understand why you're fighting Anne at every turn regarding
> > the upgrade procedure; Anne seems to be the only one talking about
> > it on debian-devel or debian-release.
>
> To my knowledge, the staticly-compiled versions of apt and dpkg have been
> made by Anne so that we don't have to have autoup.sh and all that stuff to
> upgrade from Debian 1.x to 2.x. However, the sparc port did not exist in the
> times of Debian 1.x, so there is nothing to upgrade from, really.

This is one of the "inconsistencies" I was talking about (on -doc). If you're
using CDs, you need the latest apt (0.3.19) to reliably upgrade from ANY
Debian release for ANY architecture (i386,alpha,m68k,sparc). Read apt's
changelog for more info.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer