Re: tn3270

"Dr. Yasha Karant" <ykarant@csci.csusb.edu> wrote:
>I have built and run a working version of tn3270 from the latest
>source; I have been using the "slink" distribution.  Unlike x3270 which
>hangs on the local (here) MVS machine, tn3270 works.  There is no
>current tn3270 as a .deb package.  Would Debian be interested in having
>me package the binary (and source) as .deb packages for general
>release?

If you want to release a .deb yourself, then you're completely free to
do so. If you want to have it released with Debian, then have a look at
http://www.debian.org/devel/join/newmaint, or perhaps seek a sponsor for
your package on the debian-mentors list.

There isn't really a Debian to be interested, per se, at least not in
the sense you seem to mean. :)

>When the new "stable" release comes out (2.2), I will port under 2.2 as
>I have just done under "slink".

New packages will have to be released into woody (future 2.3); you can't
get new packages into either slink or potato now.