Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: there will be no XFree86 4.0.0 .debs (please read)

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 03:48:46PM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 02:30:49PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > but remember there are people who are working on Xfree driver or such that
> > would like to have a working debian packaging, ...
>
> remember that there are people who are going to be using Debian 2.2 or such
> that would like to have a working debian packaging, ...
>
> Please review rationale 1).

What is wrong with making a debian 4.0 package, and put it in experimental (i
did not say woody, i know you have problems with upgrading unstable).

Debian 2.2 user are using potato, which comes with 3.3.6-whatever and should
work ok.

What's the problem here ?

(apart from you having not a lot of time which is undertandable)

Also you tell you will be repackaging X from a clean start, care to explain a
bit what you have planned to do, and how we can help in this process ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER