Re: Which kernels to keep?

On 2000-05-29 at 15:14 +0200, Petr Cech wrote:

> On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 03:01:33AM -0700 , Joseph Carter wrote:

> > That is, is there a set optimized for notebooks which generally need
>
> not for notebooks specially

While we're on this subject...

It would be nice if the standard distribution kernel included APM support.
I realize that APM can break installation on many older machines, and this
is why it is not included.  However, modern kernels have a standard option
so that APM can be included yet disabled by default, and then turned on
only if the kernel is given a command line argument "apm=yes" at boot.

I think that taking advantage of this would maintain the conservative
Debian posture about breaking an installation, while no longer forcing
portable users to recompile kernels from source just to enable APM.

-- Mike