what to call CD releases was: ITP seahorse

{{ I'm coming to late to this discussion but I haven't seen this addressed }}

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 01:11:53PM -0400, Mike Bilow wrote:
> On 2000-05-24 at 01:11 +1000, bug1 wrote:
>
> > Mike Bilow wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there any Policy objection to calling these CDs "US-exportable" and
> > > "International and US domestic use (not US-exportable)" instead of
> > > "US" and "non-US" as is commonly said?  I cannot find anything in Policy
> > > which explicity names the CD images, as opposed to parts of the archive.
> >
> > Perhaps we should call the cd's "full" (non-US) and
> > "politically-cripled" (US)
> >
> > It is good to have a short dir name though.
>
> Using "full" and "US-exportable" would probably work.  However,
> "full" might be misinterpreted to mean that non-free was included.

What about "free world" and "free world (US export)"; though perhaps
free-world might be too long.

> The worst problem with "full" is that it does not give proper notice that
> it should never be exported from the US, which is a serious issue.  I
> could see "Full (not US-exportable)" and "US-exportable" being acceptable.

I think you should only label the set of disks which do not contain non-US
as the `US export' version. No need to do negative labelling on the free
world CDs.

Anand