Re: to reiterate, why are there no security updates on the front page? (Or, 17 security holes the security team hasn't told you about)

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 06:20:53PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> Isn't this essentially the point of setting urgency to "high" in
> debian/changelog? I realise that that urgency isn't really used for much
> at the moment, but there's no real reason why it couldn't be, is there?

Maybe the urgency field could even be extended. For example an urgency
of "security" or "RC" (or even "important", "grave", and "critical")
could give hints to the security team or the release manager. Currently
most developers do not seem to use the urgency field at all.

 - Sebastian