Re: ssh priority standard (?)

On 2000-05-26 at 08:07 -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:

> I'll leave such assessments to those who know.  I'm arguing against the
> principle of Lars's argument, not this specific application.  I'm not going
> lose any sleep myself if ssh is not made standard.  I've already got it
> installed.

Lars is right.  The issue is a cost/benefit analysis.  If the risk of
breaking something does not outweigh the risk of failing to fix something,
then there is no point to assuming any additional risk.

> Software engineering: that part of
> computer science which is too difficult
> for the computer scientist.

A software engineer cares whether it works; a computer scientist cares
only whether it should work in theory.

-- Mike