Re: minimal boot/install CD

Do you mean that this image doesn't have base.tgz in
it?  Hmmm, well maybe I can download the image, mount
it using /dev/loop as /dev/cdrom, copy the whole
structure to a directory on my hd, and then add the
base package, re-master the image, and burn it
(phew!).
Looks like it would still fit on one of those business
card cd-r's (they hold about 60mb).  Cool way to
distribute debian to anyone willing to download it who
doesn't want to first put windows on the machine or
deal with a stack of floppies.

>Julian Stoev (stoev@mail.bulgaria.com) wrote:
>> This is what you ask for:
>>
>http://ftp.fsn.hu/ftp/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unoffici>al/netinstcd_2.2.8-2000-03-09-1.iso
>
>not quite. you can't install over ppp with this
image. >i had to throw
>in an
>ne2000 just to let me get through the first stage of
>installation.
>fortuantly, ppp is part of the base system.
>
>has this been fixed in boot-floppies since the test
>image was made?

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze