Re: Chrooted packages, where to put them?

** On May 24, Marco d'Itri scribbled:
> On May 23, Marek Habersack <grendel@vip.net.pl> wrote:
>
>  >  I'm building for mysle a chrooted bind package. It's gonna be used locally
>  >only, but I want it to conform to the Debian Policy Manual/FHS as much as it
>  >is possible. My first idea was to put the chroot tree in /usr/local, but
> It's a system dependent choice, there is currently no FHS policy
> regarding chroots.
Well, so I guess the only thing to do is to ask for the location of the
chroot tree on the install time. But how a package can own directories that
are created on the install time?

> (BTW, I'm considering writing a tool which automatically maintains and
> updates chroot environments, I think more of our daemons should be
> chrooted. It's a shame our BIND package even runs as root.)
I'm gonna make the modified package available as soon as it is tested. It
will both create a special user as well as chroot the daemon.

marek