Re: Testing CD images (was Re: ITP seahorse)

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 02:15:25PM +0200, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
> Not exactly, but sufficiently close. All testing images are labeled as such
> (the volume label, .disk/info and the README.{txt,html}). Once it is approved
> as "official", we'll have to rebuild the images with just those indications
> changed to "Official". Anything else on those CDs should remain the same.

That way you don't solve the mirroring problem.  We will still not have
official CDs until a few days after the release -- possibly a lot longer,
since the mirror network will be under heavy strain while everybody
updates.  This was a problem with (at least) the slink release.

Richard Braakman