Re: ssh problems with {master,va}.debian.org???

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 11:38:29AM -0400, Clint Adams wrote:
> > As nice as it is to pressure ISP's into fixing their nameservers,
> > the PARANOID setting is entirely irrelevant for ssh, and causes
>
> Why is PARANOID entirely irrelevant for ssh?

I assume the point is that if you care about who's connecting, you
should set the option which only allows known host keys to connect.
If you don't, then you probably shouldn't care about reverse-lookups
matching particularly...

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable