Re: ITP seahorse

Bjoern Brill <brill@samson.math.uni-frankfurt.de> writes:

> On Mon, 22 May 2000, Marco d'Itri wrote:
>
> > On May 22, "J.A. Bezemer" <costar@panic.et.tudelft.nl> wrote:
> >
> >  >Actually, we're planning on making two series of Official CDs, both with and
> >  >without non-US.
> > My point is that nobody important is going to sell them.
> >

> I can buy Debian CDs with non-US in Germany (for example from Lehmanns
> online Bookstore <http://www.lob.de>). IMO, any local vendor outside the US
> would want to include non-US. Any one of those local vendors may be
> not-so-important, but since the complement of US contains large portions
> of the earth, there should be lots of them.

As somebody already stated, non-US does not mean illegal in the US,
but illegal to _export_ from the US, which includes any US mirrors,
since they potentially export the software.

However, this has nothing to do with the CDs, they are useful and
legal in the US, given you don't export them.

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann (Dru@ICQ, 54523380@ICQ)
Pfeilgasse 4-6/725, A-1080 Wien, Austria, Europe