Re: ITP seahorse

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 03:18:02AM -0400, Mike Bilow wrote:
> What we really mean is that the non-US CD is non-exportable from the US,
> while the US CD is exportable from the US.  Under US law, it is the act of
> exporting which is at issue: if a US vendor sells to a US address, then
> that vendor is totally off the hook for whatever happens afterward unless
> it can be proven that the vendor had actual knowledge of intent to
> export illegally.

<AOL>I agree</AOL>

The e-commerce-based vendors will just have to verify that their customer is
in the US before they send him the CD with the non-US/main section, that's
all. (Plus the necessary amount of disclaimers.) And I guess they already
have to know where their customers are from, how else would they ship it to
them? :)