Re: On IRC logs, expectation of privacy, and posting

hi

Ship's Log, Lt. Joey Hess, Stardate 190500.1732:
> > This makes good sense, but I suggest that it might be wise to adopt a
> > convention of naming the channel where a logged discussion is to take
> > place something like "#foo-logged" so that no one will claim surprise.
> > In practice, since people will join and leave during the course of any
> > discussion, it will be impossible to solicit consent from each.
>
> In practice, it's often impossible to know beforehand that discussion is
> going to be worth posting.

At least in German, standing on a public place is an agreement to be filmed,
and going to a performance were it sais "television present" is an agreement
to be shown on tv.
Speaking public in irc is therefor an agreement to be logged and going to a
channel were things might get posted is an agreement to be included in it.
/me thinks.

/bye Greetings
--
Alexander N. Benner - Nikodemus@innocent.com - Christian - PHI-Student