Re: The lilo problem

On Sun, 21 May 2000, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> David Butts wrote:
>
> > Out of curiosity, how long has it been since a full kernel fit in 512Kb?
>
> I guess I may be an exception here, but my kernels are on average
> around 460 Kb. What really annoyed me about the new lilo version
> was that it refused to install even this zImage. Made me wonder
> how small the new lilo wants its zImages to be before it'll work...

448KB (ie: 512-64 KB).

> I just downgraded to the previous version of lilo and everything
> worked fine again :)

you can either:
1/ keep the old lilo
2/ recompile your kernel as 'bzImage'.
3/ use modules to reduce the size of your zImage kernel under 448KB.

	Cordialement,

NB: The lastest version of lilo I just uploaded displays a big warning
about this new limitation.

--
"Si ca sent bon : mange-le, sinon pisse dessus..."  [Proverbe chien]