Re: A question about uploading to "frozen"

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 03:57:23AM -0400, Mike Bilow wrote:

> Both http://www.debian.org/devel/ ("Developer's Corner") and
> http://www.debian.org/doc/ ("Documentation") are linked directly off of
> the front page of the Debian web site at http://www.debian.org/ and there

Yes, as I said, I've since found them.  However, before this week I was
looking in manual pages and local documentation in preference to the
Debian website.  Call me old-fashioned if you will, but the high cost of
bandwidth in this part of the world means that I tend to look on my own
machine before getting online.

> are also pointers installed on Debian systems in /usr/share/doc/debian.

On my system it seems to be /usr/doc/debian, and the FAQ's date is 25th
Jan 1999.  Not sure why that is... I've certainly done a dist-upgrade in
the recent past.  *shrug*  Having updated it, I agree that there is
indeed a valid pointer to the appropriate docco in the FAQ, and apologise
for not having searched more rigorously before posting.

> It is hard to image how much more easily accessible they could be made.

By making the dpkg/dpkg-deb manual pages mention them in the "see also"
section, as I mentioned :)  It's a small thing, but it would have helped
at least one person, i.e. me.

K.

--
Kirrily Robert -- <skud@netizen.com.au> -- http://netizen.com.au/
Internet and Open Source Development, Consulting and Training