Re: Packages needing a new maintainer

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 06:17:21PM +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
>       mmorph - a two-level morphology implementation
>
> 	  Upstream is very unresponsive but still alive.  There is
> 	  another Linux port that should be investigated.  There is
> 	  one outstanding bug that I have not been able to resolve
> 	  (possibly requires signing an NDA on a dataset to reproduce,
> 	  possibly not our bug at all).

Boy, I sure hope anyone who adopts this would refuse to do that.

User comes to you and says "fix my bug, but for you to reproduce it I'm
going to need to shackle you with these legal conditions"?  To hell with
that.

This is free software.  People who want support should offer information to
developers under the same open terms under which those same developers
offer their software to the users.  Or said people had better be prepared
to fix it themselves.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    You can have my PGP passphrase when you
Debian GNU/Linux               |    pry it from my cold, dead brain.