Stallman Works For Freedom

Paul Serice <serice@bigfoot.com> writes:

> It bothers me to no end.  I would like to see Debian take active
> measures to distance itself from these statements.

I see no reason to do so.

> Unless you are one of the Debian anarchists, I think it will be
> eye-opening to see just how little Stallman respects the rights of
> others.  I know it was for me.

Just because the law in one country declares them such, or rather the
music companies like us to believe that the law declares them such,
those rights are neither inherent nor even "rights" from an ethical
perspective.  I see nothing wrong with protesting unwarranted
government intrusion and oppression by whatever means necessary,
including civil disobediance.

-- John