Re: ITP: lsh (well it'll have to be called something else)

Hi Timshel!

On Wed, 17 May 2000, Timshel Knoll wrote:

> [please CC all replies to me, I'm on, but don't read, this list ... :)]
>
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that lsh (the GPL'd ssh2 clone) isn't in the dist, and there's
> no indication that it's being packaged on the wnpp page. If no-one else
> is doing anything on it, I would like to package it.

You might be interested in this email from Robert Bihlmeyer:

To: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
Subject: Binary name clash (ITP: lsh)
From: Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe@orcus.priv.at>
Date: 11 Apr 2000 12:41:08 +0200

I have packaged lsh <http://www.net.lut.ac.uk/psst/index.html>, a free
implementation of the ssh2 protocols, but this package has a problem:

The upstream version provides a "lsh" binary (comparable to the "ssh"
program). The "lsh" Debian package already provides "/usr/bin/lsh".
What's the proper protocol when dealing with such a conflict?

--
Robbe
<<<<<<<

cu