From: abs1nthe [mailto:abs1nthe@abs1nthe.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 11:16 AM
To: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
Subject: somewhat urgent

I'm writing a rather long essay about open source and free software.
it's a legal article.  i wanted to know about the copyright issue for
debian distributions.  i know you include a copyright notice for each
distribution, but do you also include a list of who made what contributions?
i am under the impression that you do not.  if you do not, do you maintain
a list of who did what to the code?

i am also interested in the issue of copyright infringement.  if you find
a case of infringement does debian as an organization go after the
infringer or does the author of the code infringed go after the infringer?

thank you for your time.  i wrote "somewhat urgent" because i was hoping
to get the information today.  again, thank you.

abs1nthe@abs1nthe.com <mailto:abs1nthe@abs1nthe.com>